5 steps to starting your day right
Your morning ritual will ensure you start the day right and set you up. No matter what happens during the day you can control how you start off, and this is incredibly powerful influencer on how your day turns out. Ultimately our life is a combination of a series of days!
Each morning when you wake up, adopt these habits for a healthy start.
1. Wake up - set an alarm for a consistent time each day to allow your natural body clock to establish a rhythm.
2. Wee - that early morning toilet stop shouldn't be underestimated! This allows your body to release the toxins produced overnight.
3. Weigh - its important to weigh yourself at the same time each day to establish your weight and consistently track your progress against your goals.
4. Water - half a litre of room temperature water in a bottle next to your bed will kickstart your metabolism and hydrate your body after a good nights sleep. Add a slice of lemon, or better squeeze a quarter of a lemon into a glass of room temperature water to assist with cleansing your system.
5. Walk - 5000 steps before breakfast will ensure your day is starting out right. Whether you walk with your partner, family or friends, or prefer to walk alone in quiet reflection, this success habit will give you a good headstart on your steps goal for the day.