5 reasons to drink water in the morning
Here’s why I recommend you start your day with a glass of water:
1. Drinking water first thing in the morning immediately helps rehydrate the body. The 6 to 8 hours of recommended nightly sleep is a long period to go without any water consumption. Drinking a glass or two of water first up when you wake, is a good way to quickly rehydrate your body. Your brain, heart, kidneys, lungs and other organs are largely made up of water. So staying hydrated is a key ingredient in staying healthy.
2. Drinking water first thing in the morning jump-starts your metabolism.
The essential carbohydrates and proteins that you consume on a daily basis are metabolized and transported by way of water throughout the body. Having a sufficient amount of water in your system will help fire up your metabolism and also helps with your diet. We commonly mistake thirst with hunger - drinking water each day also helps us feel sated - as well as keeping us hydrated.
3. Drinking water first thing in the morning can help you fight sickness.
When you’re sleeping, your body is in repair and recovery mode. Your immune system is hard at work ridding your body of toxins. Drinking enough water speeds up the process in which your body flushes those toxins.
4. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps fuel your brain.
Hydration is critical when it comes to daily productivity. The human brain is made up of 73% water so staying hydrated is essential for maintaining optimal brain activity. I recommend an adult drinks 2.5-3L each day - drinking water first thing in the morning helps start your day on the right track.
5. Drinking water first thing in the morning increases your level of alertness.
Water aids in body regulation and brain function, as well as balancing out moods. Lethargy or low energy is often an indicator that you are dehydrated
After a long period without anything to eat or drink, the first thing you consume in the morning can be a shock to the body. To ease absorption, we recommend drinking room temperature water.
5 reasons to start your day right with a glass of water. Drink up!